WE LOVE DINING - Terms and Conditions
WE LOVE DINING (“Promotion”) runs from 11 November 2020 to 20 December 2020 which will consist of 2 phases:
- - First phase runs from 11 November 2020 to 29 November 2020 (both days inclusive) and includes over 200 restaurants (“Participating Restaurants”); and
- - Second phase runs 5 December 2020 to 20 December 2020 (both days inclusive) and includes 100 Hot Picks selected by the customers.
- - During the first and second phases of Promotion period, customers can enjoy the fixed price menus (“Designated Promotional Menus”) in three tiers of discounted price: Tier 1 (lunch at HK$118/ dinner at $188); Tier 2 (lunch at HK$148/ dinner at $288); and Tier 3 (lunch at HK$188 or up/ dinner at $388 or up).
- - The Offer cannot be exchanged for cash, other products, services or discounts, nor can it be transferred.
- - The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with other vouchers, discounts, promotional offers and discounted items or membership offer (unless otherwise specified). Please check with the respective Participating Restaurants for details.
- - The Offer is available while stocks last, and subject to availability or change without prior notice. Prior reservation is required.
- - The Offer is only applicable for dine-in consumption at Participating Restaurants.
- - The Offer is not applicable for takeaway (unless otherwise specified), beverages, 10% service charge (based on the menu price), tea and condiments (unless otherwise specified). Please check with the respective Participating Restaurants for details.
- - The Offer is not applicable on festive days, general holidays (including Sunday) and days before a general holiday (unless otherwise specified). Please check with the respective Participating Restaurants when making the reservation.
- - Customers are required to register as a DiningCity member and have provided the following information (“Required Information”) in his/her account to participate in the lucky draw:
- Email address;
- English name identical to the one shown on any identity verification document (e.g. HK ID card, credit card, student card, etc.); and
- have successfully left at least one review on dining experience at Participating Restaurants on DiningCity app
- - Customers, who have submitted reviews on any participating restaurant(s) between 11 November 2020 08:00 am and 26 November 2020 11:59 pm on DiningCity app, will be eligible to participate in the lucky draw.
- - Each review will be counted as one entry. Spam reviews will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- - Employees of DiningCity can participate in the lucky draw and adhere to the same terms and requirements of the Promotion; the chance of winning will be identical to all other participants.
- - If any lucky draw winner failed to provide the Required Information in his/her DiningCity account, DiningCity reserves the right to forfeit the winner’s prize.
||Dinner Cash Voucher Value
|HK$776 or above
- - 100 pieces of dinner cash voucher (“Dinner Cash Voucher”) at one of the designated Participating Restaurants, will be randomly assigned to winners of the lucky draw.
- - Each winner will be awarded with one prize only.
- - The winners will be selected randomly
- - Winners will be announced on South China Morning Post and Sing Tao Daily on 17 December 2020. Winners will also be individually notified through email and SMS on the same day.
Dinner Cash Voucher Redemption
- - Winners will be informed of their prize details at the email address registered on their DiningCity account. The email (“Confirmation Email”) serves as the Dinner Cash Voucher for the winner to redeem in person at the designated restaurant.
- - Each Dinner Cash Voucher can only be redeemed once.
- - Prior reservation by telephone call to the designated restaurant is required. Please state that it is under the redemption of the lucky draw prize in WE LOVE DINING promotion when making the reservation.
- - Winners must present i) a printed copy of the Email; ii) an identity verification document with the same registered English name in the DiningCity account; and iii) a signed printed copy of the Confirmation Email to the restaurant staff at the restaurant reception.
- - Restaurant staff may check the information on the Confirmation Email and collect the printed copy from the winner for record.
- - The Dinner Cash Voucher will be valid from 21 December 2020 to 28 January 2021 (both days inclusive), excluding festive days, general holidays (including Sunday) and days before a general holiday (unless otherwise specified). Please check with the respective Participating Restaurants for details.
- - The Dinner Cash Voucher is applicable for dine-in food consumption and is not applicable for takeaway (unless otherwise specified), beverages, 10% service charge, tea and condiments (unless otherwise specified) or ticket selling activities.
- - The Dinner Cash Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash, other products, services or discounts nor can it be transferred; and cannot be used in conjunction with other vouchers, discounts, promotional offers and discounted items or membership offers (unless otherwise specified). Please check with the respective Participating Restaurants for details.
Trade Promotion Competition Licence No.: 53827
General Terms & Conditions:
- - All photos displayed are for reference only.
- - Product information / descriptions / prices / services / offers / food / beverage / menu descriptions featured in promotion materials are provided by the respective Participating Restaurants and are for reference only;
- - DiningCity shall have no liability in this respect. DiningCity is not the supplier of products / services / offers / food / beverage to be purchased, please check with the respective participating restaurants for details. DiningCity accepts no liability for the quality of products / services / offers / food / beverage provided by the respective Participating Restaurants.
- - Booking/seating arrangements will be subject to the rules and regulation announced by the Government and the participating restaurants.
- - DiningCity and the Participating Restaurants reserve the right to change, suspend or terminate the Promotion / Offer or amend the terms and conditions thereof at any time without prior notice. Please check DiningCity website/app for the latest details, availability and terms and conditions.
- - Participants will not be able to enjoy the Offer nor be eligible to participate in the lucky draw if DiningCity believes one has acted in a fraudulent or abusive way.
- - In case of disputes arising out of this Promotion, the decision of DiningCity shall be final and conclusive.
- - In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of the promotion materials or the terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Referring to Schedule 1 ’Data Protection Principles’, section 3b of Principle 1-purpose and manner of collection of personal data in (full text) "Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance" (available: http://www.pcpd.org.hk)
(3) Where the person from whom personal data is or is to be collected is the data subject, all practicable steps shall be taken to ensure that-
(b) he is explicitly informed-
(i) on or before collecting the data, of-
(A) the purpose (in general or specific terms) for which the data is to be used; and
(B) the classes of persons to whom the data may be transferred; and
(ii) on or before first use of the data for the purpose for which it was collected, of
(A) his rights to request access to and to request the correction of the data; and
(B) the name or job title, and address, of the individual who is to handle any such request made to the data user
The information collected from you will be used for the purpose of processing your online reservation for Restaurant Week and will be used by the restaurant to follow up with your online reservation only.
You will receive a confirmation email after you made your reservation mentioning your filled in details.
- Reviews exist in two types: Verified and Unverified reviews. Verified reviews are reviews you make after having made a booking and being confirmed as a guest. (48 hours after the meal). These reviews count towards your membership level with reward points. Unverified reviews are reviews you can always write about a restaurant even without having booked.
- Content: Content should be clear and factual. We recommend you to focus on the food quality, service, atmosphere / environment and the value of your dining experience. Please refrain from posting links to other websites or promotions on other sites in your reviews. We want to keep the reviews as clean and clear as possible. Please also keep the review on-topic.
- Removal guidelines: Reviews may be screened and removed if the review is a repost (sometimes we get multiple reposts of the same review), clearly written by staff of the restaurant, non-descript or vague, or abusive. We also don’t condone profanity in reviews. If you have a complaint the restaurant may reply to your review or may contact you if you have booked through the reservation system. DiningCity retains the final decision in interpretation and evaluation of review content.
Support & Complaints
- If there is something you need help with, doesn’t work properly, something went wrong during a reservation, or you’re not sure how to do something then please contact us. We rely on your feedback to help improve our services. You can reach us on email@example.com or +86-21-31076100 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Hong Kong).
- Restaurants we work with are of good standing, possess the correct qualifications and licenses and provide the service and experience they are capable of. If something does go wrong we can mediate between the restaurant and yourself and try to help provide a satisfactory outcome if the booking was made through DiningCity or any of our events.
- By uploading images to DiningCity through its website or app you confirm that the images uploaded are your own and free other copyrights. You also agree to provide DiningCity with a license to use the image on its website or on its affiliated domains and DiningCity’s marketing campaigns and events.
- Pictures should be non-offensive in nature and focus on the dining experience you had. Uploading violent, pornographic, or non-compliant images according to the guidelines of the country being hosted in may result in your account being suspended.
Liability & Conduct
- DiningCity as an online dining guide, reservation service and dining event organizer is not responsible for anything that might occur in the restaurant itself. (As a website we can’t control the cook or the waitress…). We can however contact the restaurant on your behalf if an incident has occurred and try to help you find a viable outcome.
- DiningCity does not tolerate abusive behavior of customers towards the restaurant or our own staff. We provide the service and support we can. We expect our customers to be equally professional and reasonable. Abuse will result in being blacklisted from our events, and threats will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Fair Use Policy
- DiningCity's reservation service and events are designed to make dining out and trying more restaurants easier. However reservations made on the platform should be considered fair and reasonable in quantity and time. Users found to make many reservations for the same restaurant in consecutive days, very many reservations within a very short period of dining, or other types of booking behavior that makes it highly improbable that the reservations will be actually completed are considered to be "seat squatting" meaning they are occupying seats and thereby blocking seats to be able to booked by other users. This type of behavior through DiningCity's services is considered against fair use and will result in accounts being blocked and reservations made being cancelled. Users will be issued a warning via phone and / or SMS before being blocked.
DiningCity holds the final right to interpretation, explanation, and implementation of these policies. Policies are subject to change without prior notification.